Creating Fine Art

A place for those who love the art of the great masters from Rock Art, through Egypt, Greece, Japan and 19th century Europe. Art based on observation, feeling, and drawing is alive and kicking, and you will find it here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Simon's Town, South Africa

I am an artist, living in Simon's Town, South Africa. In Paris, I trained at the Beaux Arts and sketched at the Alcazar Night Club. My subject matter is mostly the dance, including cabaret, and working in my studio with models. My website is http://artistvision.org . I teach and once a year I like to take a group of students and artists to Greece or Venice.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The dangerous women of Gustav Klimt.


Gustav Klimt loved women, but he loved them dangerous. His life was filled with gorgeous women, one of whom was his long time lover, Emilie Floge.

The story goes that at any time he would have as many as 4 models in his studio, indulging in the most sensual behaviour, while he drew and drew (apart from the fact that he had 14 children, all of them iligitimate).

This painting, "Judith and Holofernes" shows the ultimate femme fatale, one who would not just break your heart, but who would have your head!

What it is that attracts men to such danger is a mystery, but then men have always loved courting danger. And perhaps it is the idea of the hunt, of taming the tigress... always to have her in all her beauty, but never to take her for granted.

You can see my own version of this theme at http://artistvision.org/rynoswartpages/gallery.html

Ryno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home